Monday, November 14, 2011

The November happenings.

Alright, just to let everyone know, I found out that I DO have cyst. But I don't have poly cystic ovaries. I had to track down some nurses to get that information, but I am glad that I finally have some answers.

We kind of celebrated Johns birthday early. We went to town and did some shopping. He really wanted to get some rugby gear. So we got him some cleats, shorts (spandex and shorts for over), longs socks. Oh and we got him some cologne. Then we went to Sam's Club and did some major shopping, we had like no food at home. That was a fun day.

Lets see since then we have had a few fun things going on. We had foodfest. That is where all the clubs make food from their home country and sell it, so that they can make money for activities through-out the semester. Of course John was helping with the Samoan club. They had bbq chicken, banana's, rice, samoan sasuages, and they made hot koko. I went around and tried a few of the other clubs food. There was some Arabian food, (fried bread and some other stuff that I didn't like). I wanted to get some of the Tahitian food, because they make crepes that are so good. But when I went around they were all out. Sad I don't even remember all that I ate. One of our friends went to the Filipino club and got some Lumpia. I don't even know how to describe what these are. I tried one, and it was good. But I was so full from the other foods, that I couldn't eat more. I didn't get to see John much that night because he was running around doing to many things for the club.

We've gone to watch the men's basketball team play. The won, and that was a good game. They have a tradition that when the team scores over a hundred points that they serve ice cream. So it was really fun and the crowd actually gets more excited about the ice cream than the game itself. I couldn't help but think back to when I first got a job here at school. It was doing the men's basketball teams wash. It was so stinky. I kept laughing about that when we were watching the game.

John and I decorated our Christmas tree. Well it actually was a tree that we inherited from his cousin that moved away from here. But still it a big tree and they left us all their ornaments and everything. It's a big upgrade from our tree last year. Which was made from wrapping paper and taped to the wall. Pretty creative but pretty lame. We still are going to hang up more lights but haven't yet. I have people telling me that it is too early to decorate. But honestly I don't care. I am going to have fun celebrating Christmas here in Hawaii.

I think that is about it as far as fun things. But it was a pretty good update. I will try to post more pics. I have been trying to take more with my phone, since I typically have it with me.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Hehe...I say put up your tree whenever you want! We have! Everyone says it's their favorite holiday and it makes them feel good and happy and all that. Why not let that happy feeling last longer by setting up earlier. Anyway, we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! More pictures!! We set up our stuff this weekend.. and it took me 8 hours! I was so grumpy by the end that I did not want to see another Christmas tree again. But, I'm feeling much better!
    That foodfest sounds delicious! I'm sure there were some pretty good things there. That sounds like a blast.
    So, what's the next step with your cyst? What did they say about it? Hope you are feeling better and that the problem gets fixed. Girl problems, I tell ya... it's no fair sometimes!
    I love your blog updates. It's so nice to see what is going on over there. It's been too long! Have a great Thanksgiving! We'll be thinking of you guys and we will call tomorrow to wish John a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your updates! I feel like it helps close the gap between us with you guys being so far away. Facebook isn't enough! :) I've been really missing you lately, Cassi. I'm so happy that we will see you in 3 months.

    I'm so glad that you have a tree for Christmas! We have started decorating too. It's not too early! :)

    Love you and tell John Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete