Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!!!

Wow a whole week has gone by. That was super quick. This week has been busy with lots of different things going on.
This week has been filled with so much. We had FHE with John's ward on Monday, that was fun. I had made some dessert, and they played games. I feel like we ran around all week, but when it comes time to sit and write about it, I can't think of all the things that we did.

Tuesday we watched the Laughing Samoans. They were so fun to watch. John was laughing so hard. I know that my brothers would have loved the show. We ushered and so we got in for free. I love that.


We went to the temple on Thursday, it was so neat. We did a session and then when we got into the celestial room there was a sealer there and he asked us if we had time to go and do some sealings. This was so cool. John and I hadn't done any since we had been sealed. I loved being able to kneel across the altar with him and listen to the promises that we made to each other. The sealing room is so pretty. I love the temple, I love being able to go so often.

It's EASTER today, I loved Easter growing up. But being here in Hawaii away from my family and not having any kids around, it is different. I get to focus on the real meaning of Easter. I know that we have a living prophet. I know that he guides us always. I know that the Book of Mormon is real. I know that if we read it continually we will see it bless our lives. I know that we will get inspiration to help others that are in need. That it will help to guide our lives so that we can return to our Heavenly Father. I know that our Savoir lived and died for us. I know that he did that so when I make mistakes, (and I make plenty of mistakes) that with his help I can repent. I know that our Savior lives, that he guides us constantly. And that he lived a perfect life. That he always answers our prayers, even if it is not in the way that we are expecting.



One of my favorite poems...

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson



Love you all!! And Happy Easter

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! It is so nice to have another update. I love your testimony, that was beautiful. We sure miss you over here, especially around the holidays.

    That is so lucky that you can go to the temple so often. And that you got to do sealings. I still haven't done sealings since I've been married... sad :(

    Thanks for the update. Sounds like you guys are doing well and are busy, busy. You should make it a tradition every Sunday to update your blog and let us know what is going on.

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you too!! I was so excited to see another post so quickly! Good job Cassi. Thanks so much for sharing your testimony...it was so nice to hear! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete