Thursday, September 2, 2010

And now...

Okay so I have come to the realization that I am a horrible blogger. I haven't written on here for a good long while. Things with us are great. We've had a bunch of different things happen since I last wrote. Let's see. We went to Utah, had a blast with my family. There were so many high lights to that trip.. worst part.. I am not a good picture taker.. so no real pictures. While we were there we went to the temple, had lots of bbq's went to park city, visited lots with the family, and were able to relax.

Since we have been back we both got new jobs, John now works at the library on campus, he works doing media services. He likes it a lot except he has to get up at 6 in the morning to be to work at 6:30. But that means that I get to see him every night, and on He doesn't work on Tuesday, Thursdays or Saturdays. I like that part too. I work at the local eye doctor's I work there part time, I have learned a lot about different insurances, and different things with the eyes. I like it there a lot. I also work part time at the PCC selling pearls. That is a fun job getting to visit with a lot of people that come to Hawaii to visit. The people that we are able to sell to a lot are the husband and wives that come here for either their honeymoon or anniversary. It's fun and I like the girls that I work with.

The first term will end this Friday and I'm excited cause that will be a good break for John. He's worked hard this term. He took a music class and loved it a lot. He also took biology, that class has been really hard and he hasn't liked it too much. But he loves the teacher, and gets to joke around a lot in class.

Something scary that happened this last weekend was that we were in a car accident. We are all okay and nothing happened to any of us, well minor bruises but we can handle that. The car well it's gone, but that's okay. So let me tell the story of what happened cause I am sure a lot of you are wondering. We were driving with a couple in our ward, we had decided to treat ourselves and go to the Cheesecake factory. I was so excited!!!!

I got done with work at 8:00 and we had invited 2 friends of ours from our ward. We hopped in the car and started on our way. It was kind of sprinkling outside but nothing bad. We traveled for about 45 minutes and were rounding a corner about to go through a tunnel when we crashed. We lost control of the car and went into a cement barrier. First the right front end hit and then the back right end hit. Then our car was thrown into a grassy area that was about 40 feet wide and 20 feet deep before you hit bushes and trees. We ended up in front of the bushes, and it was really crazy. We all walked away with out a scratch. We have minor bruises but we can handle those. The car is gone, that is fine. I truly feel that we had guardian angels watching over us. To not have any other cars involved and not to have anyone hurt. We were all a little distraught for a day or two but I feel like we are all back to normal now.

This just makes me grateful for all that I have. I am grateful for my husband. For new friends that are still our friends after something like this, who just laugh about it now. I am grateful for the gospel and having it in my life. I am grateful for family that always making sure that we are okay, and that keep my in their prayers. I am grateful for my calling that keeps me busy and always has me serving others.

I will try to keep updating you all on what is going on with us. Sorry that I am so lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment